Healing Lives One Adventure at a Time
The River Deep Foundation is dedicated to helping military veterans and other individuals who have experienced physical, emotional or psychological trauma—and those who assist them—to heal and re-engage in life through adventure, recreation and a network of support.
We accomplish this through:
1) Recreational Group Outings that facilitate healing through active re-engagement in life. Activities include fishing, hunting, archery, art classes, cooking classes and much more!
2) Collaboration with an alliance of complimentary 501C3 not-for-profit organizations who share resources, knowledge and ideas with the goal of providing more efficient and effective programming and outreach.
- We understand that if an individual is in crisis, the family is in crisis. We incorporate participation of families in our programs wherever possible.
- We believe in consistency. We provide diverse, year-around opportunities for participants so they can avoid returning to a state of crisis and despair.
- We believe in providing an instructional foundation. Our goal is to enable clients to explore new interests, start a new hobby and have the confidence to build on their experiences.
- We believe in the power of cooperation. The collaboration within our alliance allows us to offer more resources to our mutual client base and provide a sense of community.
- We believe in positive and inclusive experiences. Each individual is treated with dignity and encouraged to enjoy each experience without pressure.